by Bradley Gillespie, PharmD
Health Expert, Restless Leg Sufferer
Since everyone’s Restless Legs (RLS) is different, and is likely caused by a wide variety of factors, effective relief will also vary between people. An excellent strategy is to make Calm Legs® the centerpiece of your management approach. Further to that, though, there are a number of simple lifestyle changes that may be able to work together, enhancing the activity of Calm Legs®.
- Try using over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen, to relieve the pain sometimes associated with Restless Legs (RLS)
- Soaking in a warm bath, and/or massaging your legs can sometimes relax your muscles and ease your symptoms of Restless Legs (RLS)
- Many patients feel some relief by alternating the use of hot or cold packs. Further, this approach may lessen the severity of the sensations felt in your legs
- In many people, stress aggravates the symptoms of Restless Legs (RLS). Relaxation techniques, such as meditation and yoga, especially just prior to bed, is helpful to some patients
- Fatigue often worsens the symptoms of Restless Legs (RLS). As a result, getting a proper quantity and quality of sleep is critical. It is important to establish good consistent sleep patterns, to enhance the sleep that you are able to get
- Moderate, regular exercise may help to relieve some of the symptoms of Restless Legs (RLS). At the same time, over-doing it, or exercising too late in the day may make matters worse;
- In many cases, reducing or eliminating the intake of caffeine may help rested legs. A good approach is to try and eliminate the consumption of caffeine-containing products for a few weeks, to see if it benefits you
- Alcohol and tobacco should be used sparingly, if at all, as these substances are known to aggravate or trigger symptoms of Restless Legs (RLS). As with caffeine, an avoidance test may be a useful approach.
In summary, while CalmLegs™ is an excellent natural remedy choice for Restless Legs (RLS), remember that this is a complicated condition, with multiple causes and triggers. As such, it is a good idea to also try a variety of supplemental lifestyle changes for best results.
“I have had Restless Legs (RLS) since it was a little girl. My mother used to wrap my legs in warm towels to provide relief. I am now 62 years old and finally there is a product (Calm Legs) that works. Please thank whoever put this formula together”